Artists Needed!

So I’m going to resurrect an old topic Punzie created last year.

We have new forums, we have a new shiny website, we really need some custom artwork. While I hope the new site isn’t visually offensive I am not really a good designer.

Badges/Achievements -

Our new forums have a pretty neat achievement/badging system I plan to start adding the old Brigade achievements here, but we need images for them.

Current Badge List - http://www.cookiebrigade.org/forum/index.php?action=badgeawards;sa=masterlist

Ideally I want to icons to be similar, they certainly need to be similar in size.

This is also likely an ongoing project because we’ll be adding more achievements.

Current List of Achievements needing icons- http://www.cookiebrigade.org/forum/index.php?topic=312.msg2716#msg2716

Forum Icons/User Banners -

Currently we have banners for organizers that need to be replaced, ideally we need banners for each group I was thinking a colored banner the size of the current organizer banner with the name on it.

Currently organizers banner:

Groups List

[ul][li]Organizers[/li]
[li]Brigadiers[/li]
[li]PAX East[/li]
[li]PAX Prime[/li]
[li]PAX Aus[/li][/ul]

I think I’m suffering from Post-Pax lack of things to do. Any of these suit for

A dozen dozen
A dozen dozen dozen
Brush Master
Celebrity Distributor

And since I can only post 4 to each reply, here’s some ideas for Cookie Monster and Did you rob a bank?

Oh wow! Umbralucis these look great!

Now I definitely need to wrap up the stuff for the achievements tonight!

I’ll see if I can increase the number of allowed files per post, but you can always put them up on imgur or another image hosting site too if thats easier to mass upload.

I love the cookie monster one, I really want to get the achievements piece wrapped up now so I can show these off on people’s profiles.

Had another play tonight trying to create the others left on the list - not as happy with them as some of the earlier ones but see what you think.

Baking Party Thrower
Cha-ching
Cosplay
Gaming Cookie

cosplay.png

party.png

chaching.png

gaming.png

Scrooge’s Money Vault
Show me the Money
That’s the way it crumbles
Where no baker has gone before

vault.png

smtm.png

crumble.png

gonebefore.png

And Special Project

project.png

Hey Ransim - you mentioned that you wanted to redo some banners as well? Exactly which ones are you talking about?

[quote=“umbralucis, post:8, topic:1268”]
Hey Ransim - you mentioned that you wanted to redo some banners as well? Exactly which ones are you talking about?[/quote]

Sorry took me some time to get back, I actually just finally finished most of the back end for the awards so they’re now live with your awesome art. I’m still processing the backlog of data though to assign them to everyone.

The one that I can think of immediately is the footers for people to advertise the brigade in form signatures. I did one that is… okay, but it’ll need updating and we could probably use a couple variations. We could also use the sort of media we can share with other people to show support or that they’re a member.

We’re also discussing shirts and other things we can sell to fund some of the expenses we have for the brigade like patches and other pricey items.

Cool - I wont pretend to be any kind of brilliant artist but I’m happy to give most things a go! Are you able to send me any of the artwork or some thoughts on what you’d like to see in the footers/banners?

The current footer is:

It’s essentially just something we’d update periodically with the totals.

A couple variations of these would be cool, smaller ones as well for people to use on websites as mini banners.

Clean logo png:

Other items are things like some designs for business cards, perhaps with recipes on them. I’ve mocked up some, these were sized for Moo’s mini cards:

Honestly we just need someone with some design savvy to help with promotional stuff