Child's Play dinner auction 2015

This year’s Child’s Play dinner and auction is December 10th. We’d like to create a Cookie Brigade auction lot. Cookies are of course welcome, but everyone knows we can make cookies. What else do we have up ours sleeves? Do you make some nifty crafts that can have a cookie/PAX/Child’s Play/other relevant theme? Sound off, we’ll get a list going, and maybe we’ll have a cool collection of stuff for them to auction off.

I knit a CP dice bag that I can donate to this.

If anyone can make chocolate mustaches, that’d be a cool hing to have for this fancy dinner.

What sort of things are you looking for? I can craft, but I’m guessing it’s got to be something I can post to the USA…

unless you happen to have something on hand already and i can carry it back for you.

lace shawls tend to be my thing. I could put up a custom made sweater. It could be huge and tacky with our logo in the middle, or something more tasteful like a nordic ski sweater with a cookie in one of the pattern bands. I’d probably just put in a description and then made to measure. I could probably make a lace shawl in time, I just think that’s too gender specific. Of course I’ve also been thinking about knitting the Tycho and Gabe shirts from the comic.

I don’t do chocolate mustaches but I could experiment with Han solo carbonite chocolates. Maybe filled with oreo truffle? Or peanut butter fudge, maybe some of each? Why don’t we just do the chocolates this year.
I think knitting is a huge project and the only thing that really makes sense is custom made so I’d probably want to have a sample knit up for people to see.

Are you thinking of a cookie brigade theme? Or just general gamer geek content?

General gamer/geek themes are fine.

Kin, I think the sweater/s could be a worthwhile auction item on their own.

So… I had an idea. And it’s pretty, er, quirky… But it might be fun?

What if we put together a set of custom, themed, cookie jars?

Crafters buy/aquire glass or plastic jars large enough for cookies, then decorate them with geeky themes using whatever craft they most enjoy.

Knitter? Knit up a cookie jar cosy, or dress your cookie jar up in a tiny geeky sweater.
Painter? Get some glass paints and make a cookie jar stained glass scene from your favorite game.
Papercrafter? Mod podge some comic book printouts, or tissue paper space invaders to a cookie jar.
Electronics hacker? Wire up a cookie jar that makes a light sabre noise, or lights up the bat symbol when you open it.
Sewer? Get some faux fur and sew a cookie monster outer coat for your cookie jar.

As an idea it’s something that would be very uniquely “Cookie Brigade”, and lets everyone show off their crafty talents. Plus, it’s not just more cookies. (Although, if we want to drop a couple of cookies into the jars just before the auction to make them complete, that would be cool too.)

Like I said, quirky. A bit strange. Would it work? Is anyone interested?