Cookie Brigade Pins

Hello Cookie Brigade!

Long time fan of tasty (and awesome) causes here! I have been once again impressed and satisfied (woohoo molasses cookies!) by the Cookie Brigade organizers and volunteers, but something I missed this year was, you guessed it a pin to add to my growing collection of Cookie Brigade pins.

So since I absolutely love the Cookie Brigade (and maybe pins) I decided to approach ransim about Pins for next year. After a few brief PM’s it was decided to move this conversation to here so that the whole Cookie Brigade family can jump in on the conversation and help me help you!

So lets do this, lets create a Pin since it was discussed on here last month and ill get the ball rolling on a few ideas/suggestions!

• Trading Lapel Pins (Pretty much like Pinny-Arcade)
  • Enamel Colored Pins
  • 1.25 - 1.50 Inch in size
  • Design like the current Cookie Brigade logo with maybe a year stamp

But here is the best part, I have three vendors checked out and once this takes off and everyone is happy with the end product, I will cover %100 of the costs have a few hundred produced and I will be donating them to Cookie Brigade for distribution in 2014.

So what do y’all think?

I love you

[quote=“Happendy, post:2, topic:1424”]
I love you[/quote]

A million times this!

I really love the metal pins we had in 2011 that were donated by karmacappa, but I think it would be nice if we could get the actual name on them along with the year.

One thing I’d definitely like to avoid is event specific colors on them, unless people are really keen for the idea. The last set had blue for Prime on them.

To be completely honest I really love the style of the Pinny Arcade logo pin:

That one did jump out at me, had a nice official feeling to it.

Color wise I agree, nothing specific to any event only the year. The logo you guys have is very unique and does pop with its current color scheme should people want to go that route.

[quote=“ransim, post:3, topic:1424”]

[quote=“Happendy, post:2, topic:1424”]
I love you[/quote]

A million times this!

I really love the metal pins we had in 2011 that were donated by karmacappa, but I think it would be nice if we could get the actual name on them along with the year.

One thing I’d definitely like to avoid is event specific colors on them, unless people are really keen for the idea. The last set had blue for Prime on them.

To be completely honest I really love the style of the Pinny Arcade logo pin:

[/quote]

For reference, the last metal pins we had made.

I love the artsy feel of the Pinny Arcade pin. Cost wise we may do better with a flat pin like the Child’s Play pins. Light tan background, 8 bit cookie then Cookie Brigade 2014 under the logo not on it.

That’s one of my favorite pins, I wear it everywhere on my jacket and I love it when people ask me about it.

Need not worry about cost.

[quote=“lilybell, post:5, topic:1424”]

I love the artsy feel of the Pinny Arcade pin. Cost wise we may do better with a flat pin like the Child’s Play pins. Light tan background, 8 bit cookie then Cookie Brigade 2014 under the logo not on it.[/quote]

[quote=“CmdBash, post:6, topic:1424”]
That’s one of my favorite pins, I wear it everywhere on my jacket and I love it when people ask me about it.

Need not worry about cost.[/quote]

I actually have mine on my hat with the Child’s Play pin that I covet.

I’m going to include a blurb about this in the upcoming brigade Post-PAX email and the East email that are both going out hopefully soon.

Cool I look forward to all the suggestions and if anyone wants to submit some designs I encourage it, once I have time to sit down I intend to do some sketch-ups myself.

[quote=“ransim, post:7, topic:1424”]

I’m going to include a blurb about this in the upcoming brigade Post-PAX email and the East email that are both going out hopefully soon.[/quote]

Just wanted to re-spark interest in this project see if anyone has any ideas for this.

[quote=“CmdBash, post:9, topic:1424”]
Just wanted to re-spark interest in this project see if anyone has any ideas for this.[/quote]

Well I think the first thing to figure out is type:

Die Struck

Printed - These usually have a printed design covered in clear lacquer

Enamel

Casted

Casted would be rad and a few posts back ransim like these as well.

I like the casted as well, enamel if it has to be color. Printed is definitely my least favorite. :o

edited because I’m a dummy.

I do love the look of the casted pins, but I think enamel pins of the CB logo would really pop.

I have a graphic designer friend who would love to play around with some ideas if everyone’s ok with that! He was wondering if there was an EPS version of the logo, since one of the ideas mentioned earlier in the thread had the name and year around/under the cookie instead of on it.

[quote=“violentmustard, post:14, topic:1424”]
I have a graphic designer friend who would love to play around with some ideas if everyone’s ok with that! He was wondering if there was an EPS version of the logo, since one of the ideas mentioned earlier in the thread had the name and year around/under the cookie instead of on it.[/quote]

No but I do have a PNG version: http://i.imgur.com/3StjdOm.png

At some point honestly it needs to be recreated because we don’t have a high res version beyond that.

I vote for Enamel - love the pinny arcade ones, however felt that the actual casted one was a bit…bland?

I also like the enamel but I’m not fussed.
I know 2 (very busy) designers from work who would probably like to have a look at the logo but might not have the time. Well, it’s worth asking but I’m not optimistic.

I love the artsy feel of the Pinny Arcade pin. Cost wise we may do better with a flat pin like the Child’s Play pins. Light tan background, 8 bit cookie then Cookie Brigade 2014 under the logo not on it.[/quote]

That was the pin the made me interested in the cookie brigade!

[quote=“Samala, post:18, topic:1424”]

That was the pin the made me interested in the cookie brigade![/quote]

That was my first year baking and I loved this pin to DEATH. Last year the back broke off and I was so sad.

I love the enamel and die-cast pins, reminds me a lot of the PA collection from last year’s PAX East.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[quote=“CmdBash, post:8, topic:1424”]
Cool I look forward to all the suggestions and if anyone wants to submit some designs I encourage it, once I have time to sit down I intend to do some sketch-ups myself.

[quote=“ransim, post:7, topic:1424”]

I’m going to include a blurb about this in the upcoming brigade Post-PAX email and the East email that are both going out hopefully soon.[/quote][/quote]

Hey!

Im new to this forum but I’ve been hearing about cookie brigade. I love the idea! I was just messing around with some cookie designs:

I had a few concepts of this similar design but photos are coming out way too big on this - one of them is the cookie without the bite mark and without the heart, the other one is without the heart and with a bite mark :smiley: