Favorite games to replay?

We had a discussion at my house about the games you always go back to play years later. So I ask what are your favorite games to replay? I’ll open it all genres from console, pc, handheld and boardgames.

-Roller Coaster Tycoon 2. Twelve years later and it always gets loaded on every new computer we own.
-Scattergories. This is still my favorite boardgame and it’s 27 years old. eeek
-Mario 3. I bust out my gameboy advance for this game.

Diplomacy
Fucking Diplomacy.

Warcraft 3 always brings back memories for me too.

My top two would have to go to:

Final Fantasy IV. Still my favorite game ever. I replay it once every year or two these days but it used to be even more frequent than that.

Ninja Gaiden. The original, for the NES. I can beat it in about 12 minutes. My husband commented that if I were ever an Omeganaut and Ninja Gaiden were the final round, I would win.

But there are several honorable mentions:
Chrono Trigger, Cave Story, Super Metroid, Megaman 3, Heroes of Might & Magic 3, Forbidden Island/Desert…um…

I have a feeling Tales of Symphonia and Theatrythm: Curtain Call might both make this list, but I just played Symphonia for the first time last year so is it fair to put it on this list yet? (granted I am on my third playthrough of it now.) and Theatrythm also just came out last year so it’s kinda new to be “replayed” especially since I’m still unlocking achievements in it. Ask me again in five years.

I don’t think that I can count the number of times I’ve went back to play Super Mario Sunshine and Yoshi’s Island.

Mario Sunshine is the best.

Double Dash is also really fucking great.

I’m so glad that they’re doing Majora’s mask again. I honestly liked it more than Ocarina, but they were both really fucking good games.

World of Warcraft TBC and vanilla were both amazing. Too bad we can’t ever go back to that.

I have recently played through Earthbound for the SNES not too long ago, Mario 3 makes me smile, and I get these random urges to play Super Mario Sunshine and Paper Mario for the GameCube… I’m a bit of a Nintendo fangirl.

Honestly? ADOM. Ancient Domains of Mystery. It was listed in a cnet ‘free games to download’ when we first got internet and ever since I keep going back to it. Can’t wait til it’s released on Steam (soon) in a deluxe version.

We’re replaying the Mass Effect Trilogy right now. Or I’m finally playing Mass Effect 3. I really enjoy replaying Starcraft and Warcraft 3. I grew up PC only so I don’t really have console games to replay.