Lets get messy - Cookie Experiments!

Who is ready to get messy?!

Want to try new recipes? Send some tips? Show work in progress?

Now you can!
Post photos, write down what you think may work! PAX attendees are always looking forward to trying something different and unheard of! Please add if you are okay with us posting your photos on our various social media sites.

Well, I’ve nailed down my plasma grenades, and the oreos, so now I’m looking to make something evil for PAX South.

See, Think Geek gave us a bunch of molds and I took the one for “Firefly” spaceships. I intend to use them to make a chocolate shell with a reddish fruit filling on a stick and call them “Wash pops”. Still debating between jam, jelly, and sauce options to use as the filling.

I just bought a bunch of new molds in Japan.

1 Pikachu mold
1 Mickey Mold
1 Gundam Wing Mold
Waffle bowl maker (imagine… a giant cookie bowl!!)

I’m gonna try some new recipes to use with these molds this winter.

I’m wanting to work on some shortbready jam type cookies - with a layer of cookie, a layer of jam and then another cookie layer, the kind you make in a sheet pan and just cut into squares.

Also some more savoury slicey-type things. I have plenty of ideas. Time is my limiting factor!

I’m considering doing matcha madeleines. The green tea white chocolate chip cookies did pretty well last year, so I’m thinking these would be nice.

Thanksgiving is usually my time to test various recipes on my family and see what works and what doesn’t work. I also rather enjoy pissing off my stodgy aunts when I bring the unique cookies. Last year, I got berated for ‘making the god damn peanut butter cookies spicy’.

[quote=“paulf, post:2, topic:1959”]
See, Think Geek gave us a bunch of molds and I took the one for “Firefly” spaceships. I intend to use them to make a chocolate shell with a reddish fruit filling on a stick and call them “Wash pops”. Still debating between jam, jelly, and sauce options to use as the filling.[/quote]

Good luck with those- I’ve never had much luck unmolding chocolate from those.

Just got a request for cheesecake cookies. I think I’m going to start with this - http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/sandra-lee/new-york-cheesecake-cookies-recipe.html
I’ll keep you updated.