Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip

I just realized this recipe wasn’t on the site anywhere, so I’m going to include it so I have a link for the cards.

Credit for this goes to Punzie and LexiconGrrl.

Adapating from lexi’s bacon wrapped stuffed oreos and a few other variations. Punzie if this needs corrections let me know!

Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies

8 oz unsalted butter (room temp)
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp baking soda
10-12 oz bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 pkg Double Stuf Oreo Cookies

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Add butter and sugars to the bowl, beat until fluffy then add the eggs and vanilla and beat until combined.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, and baking soda with a wire whisk. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the mix until combined then add the chocolate chips.
Use an ice cream scoop to place a scoop of cookie dough on top of an Oreo. Place another scoop on the bottom of the Oreo. Seal the edges by pressing and cupping the dough in hand until the Oreo is completely enclosed. Shape into a thick patty. Repeat with remaining cookies and dough.
Place the stuffed cookies on the prepared baking sheet a couple of inches apart and bake for 11-15 minutes, until the cookies are cooked through.
Let cool for 5 minutes and transfer to a cooling rack

That is the recipe I started with. I’ve adapted it a little out of laziness for greater efficiency. The basic ingredients are the same though:

8 oz salted butter
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
6-8 oz semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
1 pkg Double Stuf Oreo Cookies (or your preferred flavor)

Melt the butter.
Put eggs in bowl and break up the yolks. Do not beat them!
Add butter and vanilla. Mix it up just a bit.
Add in baking soda and sugars. Mix until smooth.
Add half of flour and mix until smooth.
Add remainder of flour and chocolate chips. Mix.

You could use a cookie scoop to add a scoop of dough on top and bottom of an Oreo and press it closed around the edges. I prefer to use my hands: grab a wad of dough, press it flat in one hand, place Oreo on top, and wrap the dough around it. This will take less dough than you think! Try to keep the dough thinner on the top and bottom of the cookie for more even baking.
Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake at 350F for 10-15 minutes.

Will make 24-30 cookies depending on how much dough to put around each Oreo.