PAX AUS shipping?

So I totally forgot until the amazing Samala reminded me.
My boyfriend should be working at FexEx still during PAX AUS, and he’s okay with getting us discounts with shipping. It’d just be nice to get some more info such as customs, box dimensions, etc. Obviously, if everyone in Seattle could just give me the cookies to send off, that’d be the most ideal.

Our current estimations are
for 20lbs: $85
40lbs: $140
60lbs: $176

My concerns are as follows

Price: This is still pretty darn expensive, even with the discounts (original price is $350< for 20lbs). Is this still something that we might do knowing the price, or would we rather save the funds to focus on another project, such as Fitz’s AUS cookie fund?

Time: The shipping estimation is with a shipping date of 10/20, the cookies would arrive on 10/28. 10/21-10/29, etc… This still equates to a shipping time of 7 days. ouch.

Customs: I’m just going to copy and paste. He tried to explain it to me, I was like wat.

"I’m going to assume cookies are coded by Australia as arrow 1905.31 sweet biscuits cause apparently they don’t have cookies, however selecting 1905.31 sweet biscuits produces the error
The shipment of this product is prohibited
- by FedEx, or
- by the origin country, or
- by the destination country using the FedEx services offered in this Transit Time application. For additional shipping options contact Customer Service.
has this been done before? shipping these cookies this distance?"

Would it be a better idea if anyone is traveling by air to Australia to just pay the extra bag fee?

Customs at the airport is just as strict about things coming into the country, and they routinely use dogs to sniff things out. I’ve not had any trouble with commercially packaged snacks coming through, but homemade would likely be a no-go. It’s strict enough that airline staff tell passengers before disembarking to toss any airplane food out.

Pretty much what I figured out. Thanks for the input though, it only confirmed my suspicions. I’ll just see if my boyfriend is still going to be working at FedEx during South and see if we can get the shipping hookups that way. Wish we could help out more from here in the states though, I wish you AUSies the best of luck!

PS: Anyway one of you guys can get me pinnys’?