Recipe: Chocolate Chip Cookies

If you enjoyed my cookies (if you had any :P) this is the recipe I use for chocolate chip.  You can scale it up if needed.  For PAX what I usually do is double everything but the chocolate chips.  I'll use one bag of mini chocolate chips instead of two since I find that they tend to spread through the dough very well and give lots of chocolately flavor.  This is a slight variant of the Toll House recipe.

Mix together in a bowl and set aside: 2.5 Cups of AP Flour, 1 tsp baking soda, 0.5 tsp salt

In a stand mixer (or bowl that you will be mixing in) beat together: 1 stick of margarine, 1 stick of butter, 1.5 cups of granulated sugar, 3/4 tbls of molasses (you could probably get away with 1tbls), 1 tsp vanilla.  Scrape down the bowl to ensure its creamed together well.

Beat in two eggs, one at a time, scraping down the bowl after each addition.

Stir in the flour mixture gradually, scraping down the bowl.

Stir in the chocolate chips.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and drop teaspoons of the dough onto cookie sheets and bake for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.  Remove from cookie sheets and allow to cool.

I froze the dough and baked them on parchment paper, which worked amazingly (love parchment!).

If you find that your cookie is too dry/tough you can decrease the flour down to 2 and 1/4 cups of flour if needed.

Chocolate chip cookies! Simple but effective!