Recipe: Crazy Easy, Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cookies

I ran in to a couple distributors in the Westin Mezzanine on Friday and got into a conversation about my cookies. Here is the recipe for you, lady!

1 cup peanut butter (use regular peanut butter, not "natural" peanut butter.)

1 cup granulated sugar

1 egg

Mix together all ingredients

Drop dough with a tablespoon onto a sheet pan. Press down with a fork (or cookie stamp).

Bake at 350 for approx 20 minutes. You do not want these to "brown" at all!
Made a bunch of these today for PAX, and HOLY MOLY are they delicious!! I'd say they're even better than regular peanut butter cookies :-X
I use a similar recipe that also incorporates baking soda.  And sometimes chocolate chips.  Or bacon.

These are easily the best type of peanut butter cookies in the world.  Flour just gets in the way.

After getting a new (convection) oven, I have discovered that 20 minutes is ENTIRELY too long to bake these for! I now bake them for around 10 minutes (I check at 8 minutes) using the “Convection” setting that has a built in recipe converter.
It makes it much easier to pump out 400 cookies in a day!

P.S. I’ve learned that, much like a nut allergy, gluten is notorious for cross-contamination! Some chocolate chips have trace amounts of gluten in them (Ghirardelli, for example) that can set more sensitive people off. I’ve started checking the packaging to see if items are manufactured in a facility that also processes gluten.
Sneaky devils.

I just did a twist on this recipe for a CB raffle - I used a cinnamon peanut butter (which by itself was a fantastic addition) and sprinkled macadamia nut pieces and sea salt flakes on top of the cookies. So good.

These seemed a little fragile/crumbly (although I didn’t measure, I just did a whole 375g jar of peanut butter, a jar of sugar, and an egg) but I added quite a bit of Sriacha (maybe 1/4 of a cup) to half the batter and the sriacha ones turned out flat, but sturdy and tasty. Thanks for the recipe!

you might need a second egg if you’re doing a whole jar of peanut butter

Yeah, I think I’ll make some more of the sriacha ones, but with 2 eggs. (Because peanut butter is so dense, I thought 375g was probably ‘about a cup’ but it’s hard enough getting it out of the jar without then getting it out of the measuring cups too!)

I’m trying a vegan version tonight using bananas instead of eggs. 1 egg = about 1/2 banana. I’ll report back later.

Edit: They are tasty, but need work. I don’t have a mixer, so I wasn’t able to get the banana as smooth as I would have liked. I’d probably chill the dough before baking too because these seem like they’re going to be crumbly. I’m hoping a stint in the freezer will firm them up enough to survive the PAX trip.

Siandart, my 1 cup measure says it’s 250mL so your 375mL of pb is 1.5 batches worth.

Oh man! My husband is a PB fiend! I’m going to have to make these next time I need to use up the last eggs in the fridge (or bananas on the counter…)

Okay I think I’ve got the vegetarian version of this perfected.

40 oz creamy peanut butter
2 cups sugar
2 over ripe bananas with black spots

Cream all items together in a bowl until smooth.
Place in freezer for 1 hour.

Preheat oven to 350
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Roll the chilled dough into 1.5 inch balls.
Place balls on cookie sheet and press with cool/damp fork.
Bake for 11-13 minutes. You’ll know they’re done because the edges will darken.
Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes before moving to a cooling rack. Let cool until stiff. They will stay somewhat soft.