Introduce Yourself

Hello,

I’m Andee (aka TeganJ). I found out about the Cookie Brigade via the PA forums and this will be my first PAX. I just submitted my application and would love to bake cookies for such a wonderful cause (have to go dig through my recipes now).

I’m also local to the area, so if you need another POC for people to send cookies to or anything of that sort, I could help with that, too.

Hey Everyone! My name is Emily. I’m a mom, barista extraordinaire, and semi-pro baker from the PDX area. Here’s my bakery website (btw, I’m semi pro and bake from my home, I don’t have a store front anywhere) http://www.onechickbakery.com. My bro has been going to PAX Prime for quite a while with all his buddies. This year he got a ticket for my husband. Since I’m in love with Seattle, I’m taking the time off to go and just hang out in Seattle. I’m trying to find a nice place to rent for the weekend where I can have a little kitchen. They are going for PAX, I’m going for SNAX (as in, I’m going to coordinate feeding the troops). He told me about this, knowing that I’m kind of a baking nut. I dabble a lot in the extreme of recipes (beer & pretzel cookies, Lemon & Green Tea, etc.). But have quite a few standards as well. Lately I’ve done a lot of cupcakes/wedding cakes. But I’m down for whatev! I’m stoked about this adventure since I will have lots of free time on my hands in Seattle!

Hello Cookie Brigadeers,

I’m Angemaler, and I’m a long-time cookie baker, mostly for LAN parties and Christmas. I’m an east-coaster, so when PAX East was started, you better believe I was there, and I’ve been to every PAX East since. I’ve seen the Cookie Brigade members around, and I’ve always thrown money at them for awesome noms, but I think I’m ready to get on board and start helping. I won’t be able to attend Prime or Aussie, but I may be able to ship, I just need details. I will fill out a form and get crackin’. This is a great group, and I just can’t wait to help out. Much love to my fellow gamer-bakers. <3

Yay new people!

Yay bakers!

Welcome aboard guys! We’re happy to have you, we always need more people, especially bakers!

Howdy! 2013 will be my 3rd PAX Prime, and I figured it was time to get involved with the altruistic side of things, since my buddies and I usually just bro out and teat PAX like an extended Fratboy weekend. Last year we got involved with the Tri-Wizard tournament, this year sober philanthropy! (also still triwizard)

I’m not a professional baker, but we all bake and cook in my family, so I’ve been at it since I was a kid.

I’ll probably still be living on the east coast during PAX, this year, so if I bake, I’ll be shipping the cookies up to a friend in Seattle, but I’m definitely interested in distribution. I make a mean rugelach that’s a modified Ina Garten recipe, but I’m a little afraid of how well it will handle shipping.

Ohai! I’m Liz (aka want). I’m new to the site though a long time attendee and Enforcer for PAX Prime. I’m here because I’ve loved what CB does and I wish to help with my baking skills.

I’ve been baking for as long as I can remember. My dad was in the bakery business and I remember making my first batch of cookies when I was about four. I ran my own catering company for awhile but I decided that it just wasn’t worth all the head/heartache.

I’ve recently been diagnosed as celiac and have a serious dairy allergy on top of that. I was worried I would never bake again… But nope, I’m back on the wagon. I found the perfect GF flour recipe and now I get compliments from all my gluten loving friends about the tasty things I concoct. I love playing in the kitchen and making science (especially the edible kind!) and I hope that I can bring that to the table (or cookie box) for you guys :smiley:

Hey all! It’s Johnny!
The Cookie Brigade post was the first one I saw when I visited the PAX site. 2012 was my first PAX, and I vaguely remember a couple girls with baskets full of treats in them handing out cookies.
And all I had was a credit card =l
When I learned that I could actually grab a basket and hand out cookies, I was pretty pumped. I like giving people stuff, and I like giving people stuff for a good cause. This year, I managed to snag one pass for every day of PAX prime, so I figured that I was going to have a lot of extra time.
And so here I am.

[quote=“Happendy, post:27, topic:1193”]
Hey all! It’s Johnny!
The Cookie Brigade post was the first one I saw when I visited the PAX site. 2012 was my first PAX, and I vaguely remember a couple girls with baskets full of treats in them handing out cookies.
And all I had was a credit card =l
When I learned that I could actually grab a basket and hand out cookies, I was pretty pumped. I like giving people stuff, and I like giving people stuff for a good cause. This year, I managed to snag one pass for every day of PAX prime, so I figured that I was going to have a lot of extra time.
And so here I am.[/quote]

Welcome!

I’ve run into people a few times with only a credit card on them, I usually just refer them to the child’s play website. :slight_smile:

Happy to have you onboard, Paul is pushing for a record number of cookies this year at Prime so he’s going to need all of the help he can get!

Hello there,

My name is Kyle Robinson. I represent Needles and Swords. We’ll have a contingent at PAX Prime this year, and would like to hand out some Cookies.

One of the things I brought up to VThornheart was the idea of getting cookie making supplies (eggs, flour, sugar etc) donated by grocery stores. They’re usually pretty open to helping out =) Not sure if anyone has looked into that option yet.

We’re willing to be awesome eye candy, and hand out cookies for charity, because, awesome =D.

Oh! I don’t think I’ve introduced myself on the new site!

I’m VThornheart, long time Distributor! The new site looks fantastic, well done Ransim!

I’m eager to continue distributing at PAX Prime 2013, and I’m looking forward to seeing all of you there!

Hi, my name is Jennifer, aka PrincessCleo (both here and on the PAX forums). Prime 2013 will be my fifth PAX.

I’m a licensed veterinary technician and a lifelong gamer. I love to cook and bake, though I’m not a professional. I just like doing it for friends and family. I currently live about 40 minutes south of Seattle but we are in the process of moving to the middle of nowhere in Eastern Washington. The kitchen at the new place has a double oven. <3

I would love to both bake and distribute for the Cookie Brigade this year (I did submit an application). Everything I would bake would be gluten free since that’s the way I have to eat. We will be in Seattle the Thursday before PAX starts so I can also help where ever needed that day/evening too. (I’m not sure what time we’ll be arriving in Seattle that day yet, though it will probably be sometime in the afternoon.) I was planning on going to the Pre-PAX board game meetup again so I can help out there as well.

Welcome!

Hey!

I’m Christine (Or Raynie. I guess on here I am Raynie.)

I make comic books in Vancouver, Canada, with a bunch of people from this group called ‘Cloudscape’. I just finished school to be a bookkeeper, and I really like kitties. (These are the important things about me.)

I really love baking, but I also really love eating baked goods. The result is that I only really make a lot when people are around. So this sounded wonderful to me! I was thinking of making come Orange cookies for this event, since they’re sugar-free and would be good for people who were diabetic (like my friend who I usually make em for). I also like chocolate chips and would like to make a lot of those.

You guys are the best and I’m pretty excited about being a part of this. :slight_smile:

-Chris

Hello!

My name is Kay-Lynn, I live in Australia and attended my first PAX event over the weekend (PAX Aus of course). I love baking and have a little hobby business with a friend where we bake for events and private orders. I’d love to help out and bake for the next PAX Aus.

Can’t wait to try out some of the recipes shared on the forum and share some of mine with you guys too.

so this is me my name is cam mcveigh, i am a nerd i love the pax environment if you can call it a game i probably either play, have played or would play it. in the “real world” i am in the army reserve, am a diving instructor, fly any thing without a jet engine, and hang out with my friends. baking is a thing i do with my surrogate sister and is a joy in my life i joined up hear to bring that joy to others. :smiley: ok so again i am cam i’m hear to help out if you have any questions just ask.

cam.

Hello there,

My name is Sam and my husband introduced me to PAX where I learned about this great cause.

I’m currently in Fashion Design school in Seattle and I work on Cosplays and fashion.

I look forward to helping this cause during this year’s and future PAX Primes. :3

Hello!
My name is Chris or Ashrack, and I just joined a few minutes ago. I am a PAX Enforcer for the last 6 years, and for years the Cookie Brigade has come up to the Satellite Theaters and provided free cookies for a group of tired nerds trying to keep our lines from blocking fire lanes.

I have Celiac Disease and cannot consume gluten of any kind. And that includes Gluten Free Oats which still trigger effects in some Celiac people. Yet the Cookie Brigade has still come through with Gluten Free treats even for me.

As such, I wanted to join, and spend a day baking some cookies to donate to the cause before I don my [E] shirt and get to the business of making PAX awesome. I intend to make some gluten free cookies (that I will certainly test thoroughly before donating) along with some normal cookie options, if of course that is acceptable.

I’m actually not a big fan of baking or cooking in general (the occasional BBQ), so I can’t say that I’m going to freeze a mountain of dough and drop off a truckload of cookies, but hopefully I can provide a tasty addition back for all the times the brigade has stopped up and kept us running.

always nice to meet another gluten free eater, and gluten free cookies, as you know, are definitely welcome!

Hi! My name is Tammy. This will be our 2nd PAX. My husband is the gamer and I happily support him. I discovered the CB last yr but not in time to donate. My work is far from baking, but as a mom and grandma I’ve done my share at home. We’re across the water from Seattle. We’ll be in town Thursday for the dinner and TWDT. Please let me know where to drop off donations and how they should be packaged. :slight_smile:

Welcome aboard Tammy! You’re application has been approved so you can join the group for Prime and the information on drop offs will be in that section and in an email going out to prime brigadiers in a couple days.