Introduce Yourself

Hi! My name is Caitlin and this is my 3rd PAX! I’m a college student at CWU with a huge love for baking and I just found out about you guys a couple days ago. I’ve got all sorts of kitchen gadgets due to baking nearly every day that I’m excited to use for you guys! I’ve already been making doughs of all kinds for cookies and freezing them to bake right before PAX so they’re fresh! I’m a huge video game nerd and I’ll be in town Thursday to hopefully be ready to drop stuff off for friday! Super stoked to do this ;D

Hi! My name is Gilda (aka Moxy Macbeth). This was my first PAX ever and I loved every minute of it. Since I had huge blocks of time open, I asked Paul if I could help with Cookie Brigade and he fortunately said “YES!”

I had a great time hanging out and helping out where I could. Child’s Play is a super awesome charity and I have participated in other fundraising events for them, so I was happy to help out at PAX Prime this year.

For those I didn’t meet at PAX Prime, I’m looking forward to meeting you at future events!

[quote=“MoxyMacbeth, post:42, topic:1193”]
Hi! My name is Gilda (aka Moxy Macbeth). This was my first PAX ever and I loved every minute of it. Since I had huge blocks of time open, I asked Paul if I could help with Cookie Brigade and he fortunately said “YES!”

I had a great time hanging out and helping out where I could. Child’s Play is a super awesome charity and I have participated in other fundraising events for them, so I was happy to help out at PAX Prime this year.

For those I didn’t meet at PAX Prime, I’m looking forward to meeting you at future events![/quote]

Welcome aboard!

Always happy to have new people and we can ALWAYS use help at events. :slight_smile:

I guess I never introduced myself on the forums.

My real name is Meagan, but I go by Pupcakes most places online. I have an incurable addiction to charity work. I mostly work with rescue animals (dogs, in particular) in my home town, doing fundraising, coordinating volunteers, and fostering shelter animals.

I’m not much of a baker, but getting people to give me money for charity is what I consider one of my few areas of expertise. PAX Prime 2013 was my first Cookie Brigade experience, and I loved every second of it!

I also love to write, and you can find some of my writing on Nukezilla, the gaming news website I volunteer for. (See? Incurable.)

So, yeah. Howdy! :3

It was so nice to meet you. You rock!

[quote=“kintyre, post:45, topic:1193”]
It was so nice to meet you. You rock![/quote]

It was great to meet you as well :slight_smile:

Hi! I’m Alyssa (or Sergeant Auberie here/on the PAX forums). I live in Ohio, and I haven’t been able to attend PAX Prime or East for the last 5 years (mostly due to financial reasons). I guess, erhm… Well, I’m one of those two people who decided to randomly hand out cookies in 2007. Now that I have a decent paying job (and the possibility of paid time off - woot!), I’m back.

I love to bake - cookies, cakes, candy, pretty much anything tasty and delicious - and I now have my very own kitchen, so I would love to at least help out with baking in the future. I have missed the PAX family dearly, and I am so incredibly proud of all ya’ll for what you have done. Seriously, you’re amazing! Keep up the great work!

OH! And I knit like a fiend.

oooh, are you on ravelry? I’m Kintyre here, there and pretty much everywhere.

[quote=“kintyre, post:48, topic:1193”]
oooh, are you on ravelry? I’m Kintyre here, there and pretty much everywhere.[/quote]

I am! I’m animpossiblegirl on ravelry.

Hello!

My name is Beth (sukibeth on the forums). I live in Maryland and PAX East 2014 will be my first ever PAX. When the bf suggested that we try and get tickets for April I was a little leery. Not the biggest gamer (though I’m really into tabletop games), but I went ‘well, why not?’ Now all of a sudden I’m finding this really great community behind it all so I’m getting a whole lot more psyched ;D

Annyyway! I love the idea and mission of the CB and I’m happy to be (potentially, haven’t got the word yet) joining in. I love to bake, but I especially love to put smiles on people’s faces. It’s great to meet everyone!

Hi everyone!

My name is Kristin (ViolentMustard here and on the PAX boards), and I live in NJ. I’ve been to PAX the last 2 years and am hoping to help out with CB this year!

My husband got me to go to PAX the first year–I wasn’t a huge gamer, but I grew up playing video games, love geek culture, played some things with him on Xbox live, etc. I had such a great time, and couldn’t wait for the next one. Now, after 2 PAX East visits, I think I’ve finally gotten back into gaming. I’ve almost finally played through an entire “current gen” game (Tomb Raider), and am playing a few others now as well. Now it’s time for me to give back and help out the community that got me back into games!

I love to bake, and am looking forward to coming up with some creative gamer-inspired and tasty treats to give out.

Hi everybody,

My name is Gunnar(NotSoGoodJuju on the PA Boards). I’ve been making donations to the Brigade for the last two PAX East, and would like to be making instead of taking side for 2014 :slight_smile:

I’m a code monkey by day and a Cosmetologist/Rocket Surgeon by night.

I love to bake, and since I finally have a kitchen/oven of my own that thing needs to get the heck used out of it. Hopefully I get drafted this year :slight_smile:

Hey all! My name is Jamie (as my forum handle might imply) and I’m super excited to be making my glorious return to PAX East in April after having the time of my life in '10 and '11 and desperately wishing I could be at PAX East the last two years. Brigadiers have made my PAX, always managing to find me right when an afternoon cranky spell was starting to hit and magically showing up with delicious baked goods (the best kind of pick me up). A close friend joined the Brigade at last year’s PAX, and after waffling back and forth (and finding an amazing recipe for hot chocolate cookies) I decided to bite the bullet and submit my application. I’m so excited to join the team and can’t wait to pay the magic forward this year :slight_smile:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello Everyone!

I am not “new” here per-say, I have baked for the brigade at PAX East for the last three years. That said, I am a pro at flying under the radar so here goes:

I am 29 year old New England native, I live a short drive from Boston on the south coast of Massachusetts. I have a 9 year old daughter named Aeris (yes, after the FF character). We both love gaming and giving to local charities is very important to us.

I work in client services for a local developer and I am a 3rd year CS student. I have always been a baker for the bridge because it is easy for me to deliver to the venue the night before and I am not terrible at it. :sweat_smile:

I encourage brigadiers to add me on social networks and engage me at the event. I look forward to working and gaming with all of you this year!

Happy Baking,
Carissa - Aneksi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello everyone! I’m a bit new to this so bear with me.

My name is Brittany, a native of Pennsylvania, and PAX East 2014 will be my fourth PAX trip. Needless to say, I am stoked!! ;D

By day, I am a UI artist at a small game developer in Pittsburgh, but I love to cook and bake on the side.

For the past two years I had become aware of the Cookie Brigade, who would appear and deliver delicious treats for all. I thought the idea of giving out cookies/donations for charity was wonderful- this year I decided to seek it out. I love food, and being able to bring baked goodies to the wonderful people at PAX seems like a great opportunity. I don’t have really any experience with fundraising or charity- so I’m a little green on this, but I’m hoping to gain an experience.

Hi there! My name is Chelsie and I just recently discovered my love of baking! I specialize in cupcakes and one day dream of opening a side business doing just now. For now I bake whenever I can and I’m excited to try new challenges. My biggeat achievement was an adventure time cake of Jake the dog. The cake was six layers- each a different color of the rainbow. I also had to make the fondant myself because my friend is vegan. I am really excited to dive into the world of cookies. I can whip up a mean snickerdoodle or a batch of portal themed sugar cookies. I cant wait to join in on the fun! ( my friends and coworkers will love you guys since they will be the lab rats for my cookie creations leading up to pax east!)

Hi! My name is Chris, and I go by cookiekrush on the PA forums. I enjoy all things baking/cooking related. I just love picking up different unique recipes to try. The odd favorite so far (or so I’ve been told) has been my pudding cookies and Cayenne Pepper cookies. I also try to adjust or find recipes to cater to anyone’s unique needs whether it is being vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, etc.

Someone made these awesome Space Invader candies PAX East 2013 which were amazing, and I wanted to assist if possible or just be a general fan of the Cookie Brigade. :slight_smile: I hope maybe for PAX East 2014 I can help out this time if time will allow me to bake!

Hi Everyone! My name is Candice and my PA Forum name is sakurakitty. I am hoping to join the cookie brigade this year (i know a little late) due to an old HS friend who introduced it to me last year. This will be the second year attending PAXEast (first year for all three days) and I am hoping to be able to help out this year. Can’t wait for the next few weeks!

Hi everyone! My name is Ashlie and my forum name over on PA is the same (domina_fortuna).

This is our first ever PAX. I’m hoping that before we set out for Seattle we can bake some cookies for donation. We’re both into video games and I’ve just started acquainting myself with tabletop games–hopefully I’m prepared for the tabletop play we’re sure to encounter!

I might even be able to have a small baking party with my stepmom before we leave for extra cookies.

It’s all very exciting.

Hi ya’ll. I’m Remy and based in downtown Seattle.

This will be my second PAX Prime and I would love to help distribute cookies and treats Saturday or Sunday (those are the only days I have passes for). I’ve heard many a good thing about the CB, but haven’t been able to secure a cookie from you yet. Is there an application I need to fill out on the forum to join the Brigadiers? I’m secretly writing this post from work and haven’t been able to find it.

I’m a serial volunteer mainly focusing on museums and recently locally-based health organization for kiddos. Most of my free time is spent volunteering, tabletopping, MOBAs, and convincing friends to meet up at MOX or The Dreaming. During the day, I work at SBUX in data ops and have been trying to convince Howard to bring back butterhorns to our stores because they are delicious.

Stoked for PAX Prime 2014!

R