Introduce Yourself

Hi Remy!

The form to fill out for joining the brigade is here: http://www.cookiebrigade.org/forum/index.php?board=44.0

Hello! My name is Ming, forum name Dudeeez. This will be my second year going to Pax Prime. I was inspired to do this by my friend Happendy. Last year, I wandered around Pax Prime mindlessly playing random games and watching LCS. I asked myself, “Why I’m I here?” This year, I want to change that. This year, hopefully I’ll be able to deliver cookies during PAX and actually have a purpose and that is to save the kids! I will also able to create bake cookies this year as well. I just don’t know what kinds of cookies to bake… Where do you guys get such awesome cookie cutters? Or do you guys mold them by yourselves? Thank you! :smiley:

thinkgeek.

I have some of the molds if you want to use any.
Thinkgeek usually gives us a couple of molds as their own way of silently saluting us. I’ll be baking for Prime again, and you’re welcome to come to my baking party! =)

The companion cube a few of us use is think geek. Everything else I’ve done is either creative combined use of other cookie cutters (like my 1-up mushrooms are partial use of easter-egg cutters + square cutters, or I just cut it the old fashioned way with a knife (I make fire flowers, or Boos, etc).

A good old fashioned square or circle can get you a long way though (like the Mario mystery boxes I do).

Hello! I’m a 33 year old geek girl on the west coast of Canada. This will be my first PAX Prime, so i’ve been scouring their forums for things and i came across the cookie brigade! what an awesome thing! i like making cookies, and eating cookies…
i applied so hopefully i can enhance my first pax prime experience with cookies!

[quote=“wyndstar, post:66, topic:1193”]
Hello! I’m a 33 year old geek girl on the west coast of Canada. This will be my first PAX Prime, so i’ve been scouring their forums for things and i came across the cookie brigade! what an awesome thing! i like making cookies, and eating cookies…
i applied so hopefully i can enhance my first pax prime experience with cookies![/quote]

You’re brigadier-ing at your first PAX Prime?
That’s crazy!!!.. You’ll fit right in! =)
If you have any questions about enjoying yourself at PAX, or if you want someone to brigadier with, give me a shout out and I’ll run to ya! =)

well… i’m going with 4 friends but one of them just wants to play video games and the other two will end up ditching me to go take photos, and i’m not a huge fan of wandering around by myself lol. though i’ve done this at the last two cons (small cons) i’ve been to and getting used to it. this is just such a fun awesome idea that’s right up my ally… i’m sure i can fit an hour or two that weekend to help out :slight_smile:

[quote=“wyndstar, post:68, topic:1193”]
well… i’m going with 4 friends but one of them just wants to play video games and the other two will end up ditching me to go take photos, and i’m not a huge fan of wandering around by myself lol. though i’ve done this at the last two cons (small cons) i’ve been to and getting used to it. this is just such a fun awesome idea that’s right up my ally… i’m sure i can fit an hour or two that weekend to help out :)[/quote]

Walking around Prime can be a little much… It’s very easy to get lost compared to PAX East, especially if it’s your first time there. It’s very easy to spend your entire time there in the Expo hall. My recommendation is to allow yourself 2-3 hours tops in the Expo Hall per day, and no more than that. You can go about enjoying yourself at the many other nifty things going on on the other floors of Prime, or in the many other buildings of Prime.

For sure, you should consider going on at least one Brigardiering run with me or someone else who has done this before. It’s so much more fun when you do it in pairs/triads compared to when you’re alone. It’s also a lot easier on your voice, so you don’t end up having Unfettered’s Sunday(Monday?!?!) voice.

ooh i was hoping i wouldn’t have to brigadier alone. thanks for wanting to pair up, much appreciated! :slight_smile:

[quote=“Happendy, post:69, topic:1193”]
It’s also a lot easier on your voice, so you don’t end up having Unfettered’s Sunday(Monday?!?!) voice.[/quote]

FWIW, I love Unfettered’s Sunday voice.

[quote=“paulf, post:71, topic:1193”]

[quote=“Happendy, post:69, topic:1193”]
It’s also a lot easier on your voice, so you don’t end up having Unfettered’s Sunday(Monday?!?!) voice.[/quote]

FWIW, I love Unfettered’s Sunday voice.[/quote]

Thank you, Paul.

If any of you are interested, the tickets for the Triwizard Drinking Tournament are up. I will be reprising my role as the Head Girl of Hufflepuff Deatheaters.

Oh, also: I’m going to be around Seattle for about two weeks before and two weeks after Prime, if anyone needs baking/cookie transport help (or someone to drink beer and shoot the shit with while baking). Staying in Lynnwood while I’m in town, except gonna be at the Sheraton that weekend.

so one of the friends i’m driving with completely freaked out when i told him i was bringing cookies across the border. sigh still gonna do it, just will hide them in my suitcase lol. geez… border security aren’t gonna get upset at cookies are they? no. how do i convince my friend to just chill out lol.

Unfettered: totally want to do the triwizard but we’re driving down thursday and not sure what time we’ll be in town.

2 weeks before? I’ll be making frozen dough probably during that time frame. I’ll probably have enough slaves volunteers to help me with that, but if we need anything, I’ll keep this in mind.

My alcohol tolerance is significantly lower after PAX East. I tried drinking lemonade with a small amount of vodka the other day and it couldn’t be done. I think I’ll abstain from that before PAX… And During PAX…and probably after PAX…

Maybe during CAH. It’s kind of obligatory.

Hi all! It’s been so long, I figured I’d re-introduce myself. :slight_smile:

I’m Vendal Thornheart (aka Alex Loret de Mola), a distributor - these days only at Prime, but formerly at Prime and East.

I’m looking forward to meeting all of the new people, and to lend a hand again passing out cookies!!!

For those who I haven’t been in contact with for a while - I’m sorry that I’ve been AFK! Life has a way of carrying me away from everything that isn’t right in front of my face. But the Cookie Brigade cometh to Prime, and I’m here to help hand out cookies! :slight_smile:

Hello everyone!
I’m TheBigL, or just L or Terry. I was referred here by a friend of VThornheart and am hoping to get involved.
I will be in Seatlle for PAX Prime and am also hoping to attend PAX East in the upcoming year.
I am a staff member at halotracker.com and destinytracker.com.

Hope to see some of you at PAX!

-Terry

Hi Cookie Brigade! ;D

I’m sure a lot of you are up to your eyeballs in PAX Prime work at the moment, but I wanted to stop by and make an introduction. I’m not at PAX Prime (Afghanistan at the moment, but normally in central Texas), but will be at PAX South and probably East as well.

I’ve never been involved in Cookie Brigade, but saw you guys in action at PAX East and would love to pitch in any and all ways that I can!

Cheers!

Hello
I live in Quincy MA just outside Boston and I can help make a butt load of cookies for PAX east 2015. I can rent out a kitchen and cook for 2 days straight if need be. Maybe put out 1000 cookies a day

Hey guys, I’m Maggie, aka Jen, aka Glenn (I have…many names.) I live in San Antonio and my husband and I have weekend badges to PAX South and I found out about y’all while poking around the PAX forums. I love to bake cookies! Ask anyone who knows me…I have baked dozens of different kinds of cookies and sent hundreds if not thousands of cookies to work with my husband and shared with our tabletop gaming group. I’m really looking forward to helping out with PAX South and possibly other events, I think this is a great idea. I will definitely be able to bake for PAX South and possibly be able to distribute, however this will be our first time attending a PAX event and we do want to be able to take in as much of it as possible so I am going to be kind of selfish there and say I don’t want to dedicate too much time to volunteering during the actual con. However if I can load up on cookies to hand out while we’re walking around, then that may be a possibility? Also, we have vended at/attended several conventions at the Henry B. Gonzales convention center in downtown San Antonio, so I know my way around it fairly well (although it’s a huge place and all of the cons I’ve been to have always been in the same part of it so I actually haven’t even seen all of it) so if anyone has any questions about San Antonio, I can try to answer them. :slight_smile: